Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Interview: Gerard Damiano, The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue


HUSTLER'S HIGHEST RATING!

Starring: Hillary Summers, Jean Damage, Maria Tortuga, Lee Carroll, Annie Sprinkle, Tiffany Clark, Coral Cie, Ted Devine, Bill McKean, Ron Hudd, Sharon Mitchell and Lysa Thatcher

Gerard "Deep Throat" Damiano has just finished another epic. This one is called The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue, and I'd like to tell you about it - or rather, I'd like him to tell you about it if you can wait for just a few paragraphs.

The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue is a really hot picture about sex in the 21st century and you'll be happy to hear that romance as well as sex survives, too. Alpha Blue is a space-age sexual resort where dreams are carried out with the push of a button. Want a playmate - or two, or three - or just a hot voice to talk you off? Just punch your fantasies into the teleporter, and your wishes come true. Don't you love it already? Some of the erotic cinema's loveliest ladies materialize out of thin air - Lysa Thatcher, Hillary Summers, Annie Sprinkle, Jody Maxwell, Tiffany Clark, Lee Carroll and Sharon Mitchell all "beam in" to satisfy future fantasies aided by  nearly a dozen other yummy gals.

Alpha Blue takes its sex seriously. The Satisfiers - the hosts and hostesses of this erotic resort - are carefully trained for love-making. Through Damiano's loving direction and exquisite close-up photography, you'll watch the Satisfiers practice their arts with enthusiasm rarely seen on screen. Even the credit sequences are wetter and wilder than most films' hottest scenes!



Now, for some inside dirt - I knew this flick was hot even before it hit the editing table. For one thing, our own sex life was FANTASTIC during the actual shooting. I mean, it's always fantastic, but those 12-hour shooting days take their toll. Not this time, though - I thought Damiano was having a second puberty! Then, there were all those new romances happening everywhere we looked.

Tiffany Clark flew in from her native Los Angeles for the film, and fell madly in love with one member of the production staff, Fred Lincoln. (Lincoln is a filmmaker in his own right - his Same Time, Every Year will be released soon.) Anyway, Tiffany never quite made it back to L.A., and she's now happily sewing curtains for their new apartment here in New York. Ain't love grand? Then there was Jody Maxwell, who fell in love with the whole crew - and them with her, of course. It's rumored that more than one technician lost his heart, too, when Jody performed "I Left My Heart In San Francisco", demonstrating why they call her The Singing Cocksucker from Kansas City. Last but not least, Annie Sprinkle rang up professional dominatrix Queen Adrena in California, and borrowed the Queen's personal slave, Mal O'Rey for the lovingest leather-and-golden-shower scene ever filmed. Annie and O'Rey became great and good friends thereafter.

With all this loving going on off the set, you just gotta know that things stayed hot on camera. The vibes were right, and the final product shows it, like nothing else you've ever seen. Damiano says The Satisfiers is the most erotic film ever made.

PAULA: What makes The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue different from your other works?

GERARD: I don't think it is different - but it's a culmination of all my other films. The Satisfiers is based on the premise of a future society in which sex is completely open and without guilt - and what would happen in that environment. so the film is really a blending of everything I've done before.

PAULA: What's your favorite scene in the film?


GERARD: The final love scene between the romantic male lead, Algon (played by R. Bolla) and Diana, Satisfier #805 (Lysa Thatcher). Algon is old-fashioned in that he likes love with his sex to make it more enjoyable. To me, this scene was very difficult to accomplish - it has fucking, love and drama all at the same time - but we did it, and it works.



PAULA: Between Algon the romantic, and his best friend Griffin (Herschel Savage), the completely modern man - which one of them expresses your personal philosophy?

GERARD: They both reflect my feelings. They're like two sides to the same coin. In my own life, I'm a total romantic like Algon. But every guy would like to be Griffin - he's completely dedicated to sex, and he's sensual as well as sexual. I like Griffin. I'd like to be more like him, but I'm too much of a romantic.

PAULA: What one incident do you remember most from the actual shooting?

GERARD: Lee Carroll's tits. And getting finished. In this film, I had to create the future, so I was forced to shoot in a studio, which I don't like. It's so restricted - I like the freedom of movement you get with location shooting. Then, there were the logistics of the whole thing. We flew in people from all over the country for the film. So wrapping (finishing) is what I remember most.

PAULA: You've already been criticized for having a golden shower scene in this movie. Why did you include it?

GERARD: I was trying to be honest. If Alpha Blue is a place where there's absolutely no guilt about sex, then obviously all kinds of sexual acts would exist and be enjoyed. Getting peed on is not one of my personal fantasies, but it has a lot of fans, and that's what The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue is all about - completely open sexuality.

Ironically, The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue has three versions - the soft, the semi-hard, and the hard-hard, all intended for different parts of the country. I learned my lesson with a gay cocksucking scene in The Story of Joanna. I figured, if we were ready to watch two girls going at it with each other, we were ready for two guys, too. I was wrong. I don't think the scene ever played anywhere. Theater owners and distributors just chopped it out themselves. So with The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue, I've done that cutting (with the three different versions). At least the music and the story line are still intact in the less explicit versions.

You know, even Al Goldstein (Screw Magazine) took off points for the golden shower scene - just because he doesn't like that kind of thing. I don't think a critic should judge an X-rated film on the basis of whether he can jerk off to it. Shouldn't he just look at it as "film"?

PAULA: The Satisfiers of Alpha Blue has more sex in it than any other film I've ever seen. How are you going to top this in the next one?

GERARD: I'm not - I've already done that, in this film. The next one will be erotic in a more romantic way. But first I had to make the Alpha Blue statement - total sexual saturation. Now I've said it, and it's on to something else.

(July 1981)

WATCH OR DOWNLOAD “SATISFIERS OF ALPHA BLUE” IN OUR THEATER

No comments:

Post a Comment